Linxens joined the United Nations Global Compact in August 2017
Linxens is fully committed to its Corporate Social Responsibility towards all the Group’s stakeholders – customers, suppliers, employees, communities and institutions. In this respect, beyond the expected compliance with local legislation and regulations, we strongly believe that setting the highest standards in terms of ethics, business integrity and sustainability is our responsibility.
Therefore it was natural for the Group to join the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) in August 2017 to reaffirm these values and work towards making them universally accepted throughout the world. By participating in the U.N. initiative, Linxens undertakes to abide by its 10 principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
The Global Compact's 10 principles enjoy universal consensus and are derived from:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The International Labour Organization's Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- The Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The United Nations Convention Against Corruption
The 10 principles of the UN Global Compact
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- The effective abolition of child labour
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery
In accordance with the Global Compact’s directives, each year the Linxens Group will submit a Communication on Progress (CoP), which will describe the Group’s internal efforts to implement these ten principles.
The Linxens Group is proud to be a member of the Global Compact and to integrate the ten principles into our industrial activities worldwide. By joining the Global Compact, we are illustrating our commitment to fair and good corporate governance at all times.
To learn more about the United Nations Global Compact principles, please refer to the Global Compact website.